The goal in forming the RFID Security Alliance is to establish a de facto authoritative organization regarding the subject of security as it applies to the implementation of an RFID system. The Alliance aims to be a visible resource to the RFID community through identifiable symbols, people, web presence, and organizational involvement.
Goals and Objectives
- Education – To educate all stakeholders (e.g. Alliance members, potential users, analysts, educational institutions, media, etc.) about security issues as they relate to RFID and associated technologies and processes
- Metrics – To develop metrics which may be used as a means by which the industry can have common terminology around security robustness
- Dialog – To foster an open 2-way dialog within the RFID community
- Resources – To provide information and support to stakeholders involved in RFID development and implementation, including a list of RFID vendors involved in the alliance to the public
- Legislative and PR Involvement – To inspire all Alliance members to become involved in and monitor social and legislative initiatives with respect to RFID security. To address myths surrounding RFID security and promote positive legislation and perception through sensible analysis. To examine and comment on the liabilities of those who ignore security implications in RFID development and implementation.
- Demonstration Technologies – To have the capability to effectively demonstrate the concepts discussed within the alliance, and development of threat models to provide
- Acceleration of Secure RFID – To foster an environment that leads to sensible and rapid adoption of secure RFID use cases and the commensurate technologies